At this moment dance and specifically ballet is the main theme Kitty dedicates her time to.
This stunning new serie shows paintings of dancers in full movement and emotion. The dancers defined in warm colours seems to dance right of the paintings! You can literally almost hear the music when you watch the dancers.
Another part of her work shows a more abstract style of painting. The paintings are abstract and variated with recognizable elements against a background which often reminds to old streets and weathered walls and houses.
By travelling, Kitty has been inspired with ideas for her paintings. Her ability for creating a mysterious sphere into her work Kitty thanks to a large sense of colour, shapes and use of different kind of materials.
Overview of expositions
Since 2000 Kitty had a lot of successful expositions at different locations in the Netherlands:
- Galerie Harrekidee, the little church in Markenbinnen
- Edelsmid Limpers Design, art market Bergen NH,
- Artiade Grote Kerk Alkmaar,
- Galerie Marten Randa te Winschoten,
- Masée Home Decorating, Pronk Keukens,
- Galerie de Salon in Amsterdam,
- Galerie Sophie Jong in Alkmaar,
- Galerie Le Pignon Groot Schermer,
- Galerie Mosa-Art Cuijk,
- Kunstevent Den Haag en Ahoy Rotterdam,
- Atelier Oude Brink in Meppen,
- Decorade Heemskerk,
- Galerie Kunst+Co in Amstelveen,
- Galerie de Eilandspolder in Graft de Rijp,
- Walls Gallery in Amsterdam,
- Galerie La Lanka Tijnje (Fr) en ITAF Amsterdam and nowadays at Galerie Art-Fusion in the Villa Arena/Amsterdam.
You will find more informations at the ‘exposition link’ at this website: kittymeijering.nl