By: Southwest Art | November 15, 2018
What inspired your winning entry?
The blooming flower is always an amazing [vision in] nature that makes me feel joyful. The white flower looks simple and ordinary. However, by expressing multilevel value of the simple white color with subtle differences, I have found refined beauty.
How would you describe your style?
Using a limited palette to simplify the presentation of the subject in a “less is more,” zen atmosphere.
What artists have influenced your work?
The Italian painter Giorgio Morandi, who specialized in still lifes. His paintings inspired me to depict simple subjects with tonal subtlety to release the beauty.
When you’re not painting, what do you enjoy doing?
In addition to painting, my favorite activity is to enjoy music. Different music styles bring me different feelings of colors, light, and shadows together with good memories.
How did you first get interested in art?
A long time ago, in my childhood, I loved to observe the colors of nature. I was deeply attracted to the beautiful colors and shapes of all trees and flowers. In order to catch them, I began to draw what I saw in the countryside with colored pens.
Did you pursue other careers before you became a full-time artist?
I worked as an art director at an animation company.
What inspires you to paint a scene?
The inspiration for my paintings may come from a glimpse of an unexpected angle, light and shadow, or even a graceful flower. All the little beautiful subjects can inspire me to paint.
Where can collectors find your work?
• 2019 Fabriano Watercolor Festival (Fabriano, Italy)
• 2019 Urbino in Acquerello (Urbino, Italy)
• 2018 Fabriano Watercolor Festival (Fabriano, Italy)
• 2018 Urbino in Acquerello (Urbino, Italy)
• 2017 Taiwan-Japan Watercolor Exhibition (Tainan, Taiwan)
• 2015 International Watercolor Elite Exhibition (Taipei, Taiwan)
• 2011-2017 Taipei New Expo Artists (Taipei, Taiwan)
• 2019 57th All-Japan Art Exhibition Mazda Paint Award
• 2018 IWS X Paul Rublens Watercolor Block Cover Online Contest Honorable
• 2018 a painting selected and published on THE ART OF WATERCOLOUR
• 2016 a painting selected as top 100, Taiwan World Watercolor Contest
• lecturer at Xuanzang University
• Lecture at Shilin Community College
• Founder & Head of Ya Jen Art Studio
Art Revolution Taipei, A.R.T. 2011~2017台北新博覽會参展藝術家
2018國際IWS x Paul Rubens魯本斯水彩封面榮譽獎
2018作品獲選登上法國THE ART OFWATERCOLOUR水彩雜誌。
2018榮獲美國藝術卓越大賽榮譽奬，刊登於southwest art 藝術雜誌
2019 In Water Color台灣印度水彩交流展