Shan Hong was born in Qingdao in 1973. After graduating from the High School Attached to China Academy of Art in 1992, he graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts of Qingdao University with a bachelor’s degree.
In 2008, he graduated from the Faculty of Plastic Arts of the Vienna State University of Applied Arts and obtained a master’s degree in art from the Master Class in Painting and New Media.
- PhD student in Art Anthropology and Art Philosophy at the Vienna State Academy of Arts
- Professional teacher of Watercolour Teaching and Research Section, Academy of Fine Arts, Qingdao University
- Executive Chairman of Eurasian Art and Culture Industry Promotion Association, Vice Chairman of Qingdao Modern Art Association
- Deputy Secretary General of Shandong Watercolor Society
- Member of Chinese Artists Association
- Director of International Watercolor Society (IWS)
- Member of National Watercolor Society (NWS)
- Signed Member of the San Diego Watercolor Society (SWS)
- Member of Pittsburgh Watercolor Society (PWS)
- The designated artist of the 2018 Shanghai Cooperation Organization Qingdao Summit