Concept Artist and Illustrator with 25 years of experience in Film, Opera and Games. DMP/Concept Artist at Method Studios Vancouver White Rock, Canada.
It is a form of illustration used to convey an idea for use in films, video games, animation, comic books, or other media before it is put into the final product.
What is a concept artist job?
Concept artists or “conceptual artists” create visual images of ideas for use in areas such as animation, comic book illustration, gaming, advertising, print, and many others. Concept artists work with other art departments to ensure that the right visual style is reflected in each part of the project. via: animationcareerreview.com
What skills do you need to be a concept artist?
- have up-to-date knowledge of computer illustration software packages.
- Should be skilled in film imagery.
- Understand what Directors, Directors of Photography and Editors require from a scene.
- Have excellent illustration skills.
- Be a strong communicator.
- Visualize perspective and 3D space.
- Have a keen interest in design, architecture and film.
- Visually interpret other people’s ideas.
- Be flexible and adapt to change when asked
- Work as part of a team.
- Know about relevant health and safety legislation and procedures.