In Ukraine she was classically trained, graduating from the prestigious National Institute of Fine Arts and Architecture in Kiev with a Master of Arts degree and was certified for design, graphics, and lecture. At the institute she had daily classes in painting, drawing, anatomy, and art history.
Prior to the Institute, she studied for five years at the Children’s Art School in Nikolaev, Ukraine. In addition to classes, Marianna studied painting and drawing privately with famous masters of Ukrainian and Russian art. Marianna’s talent for art was first noticed at age 6 by her father, when he saw her hand-copied pictures taken from books and bubble gum wrappers. This casual demonstration of aptitude set her on a lifetime course of study and personal development of her vision.
During her early professional life, Marianna took a short detour into art direction, design, and photography. In that capacity she applied her artistic eye for commercial applications, winning awards and recognition for her concepts and photos. Although Marianna excelled in that work, she now focuses on bringing out her own vision in paintings and drawings.
My inspiration centers on figures: people and animals. During my six years studying at the Institute, we started each morning with drawing and painting live models. Young and old, men or women, each had not only different body, face, clothes, and accessories, but also different stories of their life.
For me it was interesting to study how these things connected together. Primarily I use classical techniques to represent the modern world in my paintings. Sometimes this is from something seen, a conversation, something I’ve read, or even Internet discussions. Light and colors can create a new story from the original inspiration.
My goal is not to convince viewers to take only my point of view. I hope viewers can find in my paintings something to relate to themselves. The ideas are everywhere and as soon as they touch me I’m ready to express them on canvas.
Read More About Marianna Foster
United States, Japan, Panama, Poland, Greece, Czech Republic and Ukraine.
- Oil painting “Song of the Ocean” has been accepted into the Randy Higbee 6 Squared show, Costa Mesa, California, December 7th thru December 20th, 2019
- Oil painting “Memories” part of the juried exhibition “Movie Night” in New York City, during 27th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival nearby, Oct 5th – Nov 4th, ILLE ARTS, 2019
- “The Beautiful” oil painting on board, has been selected for the upcoming International Realism Guild 14th Annual Juried Exhibition at the Principle Gallery, Alexandria VA, September 20 -October 31, 2019
- “The leader drinks first”, “Refreshing”, “The Five” Tempe Center for the Arts Gallery, “Water Exhibition”, May 29- August 31, 2019
- “My Very Own Star” selected as a Finalist in the 14th International Art Renewal Center Salon Competition.
- “Wishes and Fireflies” – RJD Gallery, Hampton Juried Art Show, “We Believe” to raise funds and awarness for The Retreat, April 13 – May 19, 2019
- “My very own star” were chosen to participate in this year IGOR first Winter Salon Online Exhibition, from March 20th thru May 20th 2019 on the IGOR website plus art website of American Art Magazine and the new fine art retailer, QC Fine Arts.
- “The leader drinks first (wild horses)”, oil painting on canvas, has been selected for the upcoming International Realism Guild 13th Annual Juried Exhibition at the Sugarman-Peterson Gallery in Santa Fe, N.M. October 5 – 29, 2018.
- “Under the orange tree” finalist, NOAPS on-line international spring 2018
- Two of my paintings (Catching the wind” and “Pink morning at Crystal Cove”) were accepted into the Randy Higbee Gallery Crystal Cove “From Sand to Sea” Exhibition and Sale. Costa Mesa, California May 5th – May 26, 2018.
- “Wishes and Fireflies” at the 2017 Oil Painters of America Western Regional show at Illume Gallery in Saint George, UT on November 10th-December 9th.
- “Memories” Poets and Artists Magazine, GOSS183, Variety Issue “Movie Night”, Issue #107, October, 2019
- “Autumn Colors”, 8×10, Oil on Canvas. Collectors Choice Vision of Fall, American Art Collector Magazine, October Issue, 2019
- Fine Art Connoisseur September/October 2019
- “The God of Wealth” Poets and Artists Magazine, Variety Issue “FAMILIAL MUSE”, Issue #105, July, 2019
- “My very own star” 14th International Art Renewal Center Salon 2019
- “My very own star” in American Art Collector IGOR show April 2019
- “The leader drinks first (wild horses)” in hardcover book International Guild of Realism 13th Annual Juried Exhibition by Michael and Christie Sugarman
- “The leader drinks first (wild horses)”, oil painting on canvas in American Art Collector, IGOR show October 2018