In, 2008 he got his master’s degree in painting in Hongik University Department of Fine Arts. In Chinese Artists Association, national artist, portraits American Association, He was a Professor of art in the Institute of Renmin University of China.
- 1994 “cattle” career “Eighth National Art Exhibition.”
- 1997 “The future of mission” “to the New Century – China Youth Oil Painting Exhibition.” (China Art Gallery)
- 1999 “The future of the mission” was collected in the mountains of Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
- 2001 “busy season”, “China Oil Painting Exhibition” Excellence Award. (Hangzhou)
- 2002 “Golden Phoenix Petroleum Exhibition” Beijing International Art, and published: “Golden Phoenix landscape oil painting anthology.”
- 2002 “autumn” collection at the Beijing International Art Palace Art Foundation.
- 2003 Tobacco “” “The Third China Oil Painting Exhibition.” (China Art Gallery)
- 2003 “autumn” collection in the China Art Gallery.
- 2004 “Holy song” “The 10th National Art Exhibition.”
- 2008 “Golden Phoenix Oil Painting Exhibition” in Seoul, Korea.
- 2009, “childhood”, “the Eleventh National Art Exhibition” won the nomination.
- 2011 “Childhood Series – dream” “Artists in the eyes of contemporary China – China Oil Painting Exhibition.”
- 2012 “Eternal Songs”, “85th Anniversary of the founding of the 12th Army Art Exhibition” Excellence Award. (Grand Prize)
- 2013 “Dream”, “Partner” and participateD in the US Connecticut Ai Kasi gallery organized by the “four paintings Exhibition.”
- 2013 “Childhood” participated in New York Chinese Oil Painters Association “East and West – Oil Painting Exhibition.”
- 2014 publication of “Golden Phoenix Oil paintings anthology.”
- 2015 participated in the International Art Fair in New York.
- 2015 “blessing” won “the Eleventh American portrait exhibition prize.”
I occasionally get updates from something called “Informed Collector.” They hold a competition called The Bold Brush Painting Competition. This week I was turned on to a Chinese artist born in 1959 in Jilin Province, called Fengshi Jin. He’s exhibited all over the world.
The painting of Keith Richards has beautiful free-flowing strokes; he seems to capture the essence and all the hard years put on the septuagenarian rocker.
I was captivated by his style. It is very raw and very alla prima which means at first attempt. Each stroke he puts down, he puts down with confidence, leaves it there, and moves on. I’m captivated by this style.
I love the result. For those of us who like to watch paint dry, you can visit Fengshi Jin’s YouTube channel where you can watch him paint. Personally, I love it.
If you’re interested in checking out more of his work you can visit him at his website or on YouTube. If you’re feeling up to it, you can visit his page on Daily Paintworks.
I hope you take a chance to look at his work and I hope you get out this week and make your OWN art.