Francoise Nielly lives in a world of images. She has explored the different facets of “image” all her life, through painting, photography, roughs, illustrations and virtual, computer generated animated graphics. It is clear now that painting is her direction and her passion.
She gets her sense of space and construction from her father, who was an architect. Growing up in the South of France where she lived between Cannes and Saint-Tropez, is never far from the light, the color sense and the atmosphere that permeates the South of France.
This is coupled with her studies with her studies at the Beaux arts and Decorative Arts, and her sense of humor and of celebration.
Françoise Nielly’s painting is expressive, exhibiting a brute force, a fascinating vital energy. Oil and knife combine to sculpt her images from a material that is, at the same time, biting and incisive, charnel and sensual.
Whether she paints the human body or portraits, the artist takes a risk: her painting is sexual, her colors free, exuberant, surprising, and even explosive, the cut of her knife incisive, her color pallet dazzling.
Françoise Nielly is a passionate woman who loves life, wide open spaces, sushi, blue lagoons, the Internet, humor, books, Paris, New York and Vancouver. Resolutely inscribed in her epoch, she is an accomplished artist; 20 years of artistic expression explain the maturity of her work and the perfect mastery of her art.
She lives and paints in Paris near Montmartre; shows and sells her work in Europe, in Canada and in the United States.
Artist Françoise Nielly Exhibitions:
- 2017: Exhibition in Japan
- 2016: Exhibition Gallery Movart – Zurich
- 2016: Exhibition Gallery Art Emotion – Lausanne
- 2016: Exhibition gallery Bartoux – Honfleur
- 2015: Exhibition 101 art galerie Mexico
- 2015: Exhibition Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2015: Exhibition World Art – Dubaï
- 2015: Exhibition Art Karlsruhe – Gallery Vila del Arte, Germany
- 2015: Exhibition Le CARMEL – Tarbes
- 2015: Exhibition Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2014: Exhibition Art Up – Lille
- 2014: Exhibition Gallery Bartoux ION ORCHARD – Singapore
- 2013: Exhibition European Contemporary Art Fair – Strasbourg
- 2013: Exhibition Gallery Bartoux in HONFLEUR France
- 2012: Exhibition West Bank London Art – Londres
- 2012: Exhibition SOLO Galerie Twenty Two – LYON
- 2012: Exhibition Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2012: Exhibition Gallery Alain Daudet – Toulouse
- 2011: Exhibition Gallery Modus Paris
- 2011: Exhibition SOLO Galerie Villa del Arte – Barcelona
- 2011: Exhibition solo Moscou
- 2010: Exhibition solo Gallery Villa del Arte – Barcelona
- 2010: Launch of the first silk squares
- 2010: Décembre EXPOSITION SOLO .Galerie Villa del Arte -Barcelona
- 2010: Exhibition à l’Opéra Gallery, Singapore
- 2010: Exhibition Gallery Menouar. Paris
- 2010: Galerie Ville del Arte MIAMI INTERNATIONAN / ART FAIR PALM / GLASGOW ART FAIR
- 2009: Gallery Menouar. Exhibition solo – Paris
- 2009: Gallery Anne Cros – Pézénas
- 2009: Gallery Villa del Arte – Barcelona
- 2009: Gallery Claude Petit Jean – St Tropez
- 2008: Gallery Claude Petit Jean – Aix en Provence
- 2008: Gallery Opéra – Monaco
- 2008 : Gallery Villa del Arte – Barcelona
- 2008: ArtFair Newcastle. Gallery Villa del Arte
- 2008 : AAF London. Gallery Villa del Arte – England
- 2008 : ARTFAIR MIAMI. Gallery Villa Del Arte
- 2008 : Artenimes. Gallery ANNE CROS.
- 2008 : Gallery Anne Cros. Pézenas
- 2007 : Les ELYSEES de l’ART – Paris
- 2007 : Persona Grata – Paris
- 2007 : Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2007 : Gallery de L’Europe -Paris
- 2006 : Gallery Menouar – Paris (Event Artycolor. Givenchy
- 2006 : Gallery Mensirioux. Montréal. Fort Lauderdale
- 2006 : Gallery Lausberg. (Artfairs moscou 2006) – Toronto
- 2006 : Gallery Anne Cros (Artenîmes) – Pézenas
- 2005 : Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2005 : Gallery Anne Cros – Pézénas
- 2004 : Gallery Sibman – Paris
- 2004 : Gallery Menouar – Paris
- 2004 : Gallery Cinko – Paris
- 2003 : Gallery Stéphane Olivier – ST Ouen
- 2002 : Gallery bdv – St Ouen
- 2002 : Gallery Gagnon – Montréal
- 2001 : Gallery Anne Cros – Pézenas
- 2000 : Gallery de Bièvre – Paris
- 1999 : Gallery Michel Blais – Vancouver
- 1998 : Gallery Stely – St Tropez
- 1997 : Gallery Steglé – St Maxime
More about Artist Françoise Nielly from Wikipedia:
Françoise Nielly is a French knife-painter who is famous for painting vibrant and colourful closeup portraits that are layered of people such as Barack Obama. She was born in Marseille, brought up near Cannes and Saint-Tropez and is now living in Paris.
Françoise Nielly’s artwork is typically vibrant, and detailed. A lot of her work is inspired by urban life. Françoise uses knives to paint her artwork as she seems to prefer the thick, clean brushstrokes created by them. Painting portraits is her specialty. As a child, she was taught by her father that there was “no room for mistakes”, and this has potentially influenced the intricacy of her artwork. She layers her paintings with bright and contrasting colour. She was represented in many exhibitions and art fairs in Europe (Spain, France, UK) and America (US, Canada and espanol).
Color Fusion by Francoise Nielly
Whether it is a portrait or a concept car unique painting – the works by Francoise Nielly always impress with the dimensions – not only physical dimensions of the canvas, but more importantly with the dimensions of her true talent, where unique painting technique meets, interacts with, and reflects her exceptional perception of the surrounding world.
Today, Francoise Nielly is a world-known French artist with a well-established and recognized manner of painting, whose deeply artful works march in step with the time, always remaining equally fresh, actual, and up-to-date.
The fusion of color is, perhaps, the best attribute to characterize paintings by Francoise Nielly. Bright colors within the entire palette, high contrast, and seemingly chaotic mixture of multiple layers, which in the final result create the ultimate harmony of the image – this is how we see Nielly paintings.
Add to this true love and concentration of the artist on human faces – and you will see the world, filled with uncovered emotions, pure sensuality, and sexuality in her works.
Growing up in the South of France, Francoise Nielly found her first inspirations in the surrounding natural beauty of the Cannes and Saint-Tropez with their colorful, diverse, and live atmosphere. Her father, an architect, was her first teacher, who presented the mysterious yet amazing and luring world of art and images to the small girl.
Since her early childhood, Francoise was fond of faces, which attracted her much and motivated to paint. With the inherited art vision and painting talent, Francoise could not help choosing the career of a painter, a designer, a photographer, or simply “an image maker” as she positions herself.
After her success in the advertising business, about 12 years ago Francoise decided to devote herself exclusively to oil painting. With over 500 completed works and exhibitions around the world, Francoise promises even more to come.
Being a passionate woman, Francoise Nielly finds her inspiration in the surrounding world. She loves life, architecture, blue lagoons, Internet, open spaces, chocolate at night, love, Paris, and much more… Faces are the special attraction and passion of the artist.
Human faces often work like triggers for her, launching the imagination and the process of producing art. Raised in the atmosphere of the Mediterranean Sea cost, Francoise has a subtle perception of deep colors, strong contrasts, and intense light, which are so clearly reflected in her paintings.
Francoise Nielly is a well-established artist with mature painting technique. In order to create her masterpieces, Francoise uses mainly knives and oil paints. Working on portraits, she usually takes black-and-white photos of her models, which are later used as the references for paintings.
She never draws preliminary sketches with a pencil, just a few general outlines to create some fixed reference points. Francoise works with very thick layers of oil paint, thus most of her masterpieces are formed with multiple layers, put on the canvas one by one by a skillful hand of the artist with no chance for a mistake.
Francoise Nielly loves colors and contrasts. That is why her paintings contain the entire palette of colors and shades. Sometimes, she chooses one particular color, such as yellow or orange, to dominate on the painting.
To date, Francoise Nielly completed about 500 paintings. Most of her works are portraits with close attention to faces and unique ultimately intense way of expressing human sensitivity and passion. Her expressive way of painting is enforced with the dimensions of the canvases, which often reach 55-78 inches in size.
It is interesting to note that whatever series of Nielly’s paintings you’ll take – black-and-white portraits or those with yellow or orange dominating colors – all of them are filled with expression and sensuality, radiating right from the eyes of the models.
Along with her paintings, it is necessary to mention some interesting design projects, authored by Francoise Nielly. Have a look at the Burton snowboards with Nielly’s design.
Cherchez la femme
If you adore modern art and feel thirsty for fresh, colorful, inspiring and energizing paintings, where a skillful artist uses the entire color palette, mixing the paints into a fantastic kaleidoscope to express the most intimate human feelings, you, definitely, cannot miss Francoise Nielly with her sophisticated painting technique, deep imagination, and ultimate art vision.
Francoise lives in the world of images, and believe it or not, once you enter her world of images – you will, definitely, wish to stay there or, at least, to return from time to time to give charge to your creative thinking and nourish your aesthetics senses.